Saturday, December 17, 2011

The Christmas Tree Hunt of 2011

Another year Christmas tree hunting. A little later than we had hoped this year, but between my Dad's, my sister's, and my schedule it was the time that we could do it. The last few years by happenstance, we have gone late in the season and the pickins' were pretty slim this year just like last. It doesn't help that I'm a bit picky when it comes to my trees. I need to have a specific kind which is usually the more expensive of the trees. (Mike says, "You got that right....") It can't be too big, but a small tree won't do either. It has to fairly symmetrical and full all the way to the top. Of course there is a give and take that comes with picking a tree for NO TREE is truly perfect. I think that we found a very nice one, spotted by Daddy this year. 7 and a half foot Noble fir. In all it's glory it is now standing very tall and proud in the kitchen. We had our nephew Jeffie over to help with the tree hunting and also with the decorating. I don't know who was more excited, Jack or Jeffie. It's amazing to see the wonderment filled in a child's eyes when the Christmas tree is lit for the first time of the season. Jack actually started singing "Jingle, jingle, jingle. You can hear those sleigh bells ring. I am old Kris Kringle. I'm the king of jingle-ing." I haven't been feeling the Christmas spirit as much as I normally do by this time of year but now that we have our Christmas tree up I'm starting to feel the Christmas love. I think this might call for a claymation Rudolf and original Grinch who stole Christmas marathon. As I type, we are getting ready to put the finishing touches on the tree. I'll post pictures when we're all finished.




















PS~ Thanks for letting me play with the new camera, Dad. Now I know what I want for next Christmas....

No comments:

Post a Comment