Sunday, February 14, 2010

A fun trip to Seattle Aquarium

This weekend we decided to make a trip to Seattle and go see some of the main attractions there. We drove up in the late morning and did a little sight seeing. It's amazing all the things in the Ye Ole' Curiosity Shoppe, especially if you are trying in vain to keep a toddler from touching/breaking it all. After we visited there, we stopped and had lunch at Ivars. I didn't know that Ivars had a NICE sit down restaurant. Fancy water glasses and everything. The food was good and I found a few wheat free menus items to chose from. I had the salmon with veggies. Mike had halibut tacos, and Jack had tartar sauce with a side of fish and chips. He really did love the fish, but man that tartar sauce, whew! He thought that was some good stuff. He even dipped his cookies in it...... Nice. After eating, we went to the Aquarium and then to Pike Place Market. There unfortunately aren't many pics of the market because by that time, Jack had fallen asleep and I had put the camera down. (Step away from the camera!!) Overall, we had a good time and hope to do it again when Jack is a little older and can hold still for more activities but I'm not sure that will ever happen....... Here are the pics I did get of our day.







Mmmmmmmm, tartar sauce.......


A happy boy is one with a full belly. ~PS: This is one of his 'Cheese' poses. hahaha


Jack and the Jellies..... At the aquarium there was a circular glass enclosure where the jelly fish swim around and around (you'd think they would get dizzy) and Jack thought that it was pretty cool. He tried to climb it but didn't have any luck. In this picture, he trying to talk (to Jack that means yell) at them......or maybe he's trying to lick them....I'm not really sure.


Daddy and I both held Jack up so he could touch all the sea creatures that they have on display. My very first concern was for the poor sea creature that would soon be ripped from it's home due to Jack and his uncanny strength and curiousity, but he did well with some GENTLE!! coaching from us. Then, I don't know what it is about Jack but any water that gets on his hands must go in his mouth. Jack, GROSS!!! Stop that!! Arggh. They keep the water somewhat clean, right? At least that's what I keep telling myself......Gross.


I didn't pose him like that, he did it himself. I think that after 2 years of pictures, he's finally getting the hang of posing for mommy, not to mention he now says 'Cheese' when I go to take his picture. Do you think I take too many?.....Nah.


These 2 pics are self explanatory. Jack exploring the Aquarium....




It was octopus week at the Seattle Aquarium so Jack thought that he would join in the festivities and don an octopus costume.... Meet Octo-Jack. All the same energy but 8 times the ability to get into things! I think we are in trouble. :)


Now I posted this picture to all of you people out there who think Jack is just a little angel. Here is photographic evidence that this "little" boy can get unruly..... Daddy can attest to that.


For those of you familiar with Bear in the Big Blue House, here is a picture of Pip and Pop. I was disappointed that they weren't in their beautiful shade of purple like normal. Jack was disappointed too. None the less, they were pretty darn cute.


Momma's sweet little man after a long, tiring day......


No comments:

Post a Comment