Wednesday, March 3, 2010

When your parents get sick......

Awake after midnight again..... Can't blame this one on night shift. More worried than anything. They placed a stent in my Dad's heart today. Didn't know that he had any heart problems until he was admitted into a Japanese hospital yesterday. He had some shortness of breath and a little chest pain. Apparently it was an angina attack. They took him into the hospital and ended up doing a cardiac cath to determine what if any blockages there were. They ended up placing a stent in an artery that was 90% occluded. That seems odd to me that he didn't have more symptoms than her did but what do I know. I just help deliver babies. How far occluded the artery was is a moot point I guess because the stent is already in place. Dad was supposed to come home on Friday and will be released from the hospital in time to make his flight, but he's so exhausted from everything, not to mention the timing would be tight, he decided not to come home on his already scheduled flight. We think he will be home some time on Wednesday next week. I just hope that he comes home soon so I know that he's here safe. Your world really get shaken when your parents get sick. It seems like they are immortal and nothing could ever happen to them. Reality checks like this one are hard....at least for me. Dad travels a lot for his job and that can be nerve racking enough. Then he has the nerve to go and get sick over there?!?!? I'm going to have to down a few Klonopin to settle my nerves after this one....



That's my Dad.......


Any man can be a father. It takes someone special to be a dad.
~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment