Thursday, March 25, 2010

It's still amazing how time flies.....

2 years......I can't believe it's been 2 years. My sweet baby boy is 2. People will tell you that time flies, and you believe them, but you will really never know how fast until you yourself look back. Jack never has been a "little" boy, but he was my baby. Now, my baby is a toddler and amazing me everyday. My "little" boy is growing into a small person right before my eyes. Being a parent is the hardest job I have ever had, and I love and cherish every minute of it.































































2 years ago today, I was still in the hospital. I was recovering from the infection that cropped up after my delivery. I spent 11 days in the hospital after Jack was born and I wasn't able to be there on Jack's first night at home. There were a lot of scary times while I was in the hospital. Times when I wasn't sure that I would be okay, but in the end things worked out and I have a happy healthy boy to love. Over the past 2 years there have been more problems, but looking back I realized a few things.

I have spent:
2 years (actually more than that) working nights.

2 years balancing working as a nurse with being a mom.

2 years dealing with daily pain and fatigue left after I had Jack.

2 years of doctor's appointments...his and mine.

2 years changing wet and poopy diapers.

2 years waiting for and loving every time I hear the word 'Momma'.

2 years watching this little baby boy grow into a little man.

2 years, huh........It seems like a lifetime, that passed in the blink of an eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment