Monday, November 30, 2009

Preparation for Christmas

Since Mike has been off work, he's been feeling pretty useless so he decided to rearrange the kitchen so when we get our christmas tree, we will have a place to put it. I think it took him most of the day, but he accomplished it. We moved our dinning room table where our computer was so we will be putting the Christmas tree in front of the big window in the kitchen. The computer now is on the wall with the window so it will be right next to the Christmas tree. We are going Christmas tree hunting next weekend with my dad and my sister's family. We are very excited. We all are going to the same Christmas tree farm that we went to when I was very little. It will be a long ride home for the tree (the place is in Port Orchard) but it will be worth it. I can't imagine not going to Snowy Owl to get a Christmas tree. The people who owned the Christmas tree farm recently sold the business and last year the new owners were running things. Most everything was the same, but it still felt different. We always saw the same lady when we went to buy our tree and now she's not there. I think that the farm might have a new name, but it will always be Snowy Owl to me. I'm really excited to be taking Jack this year and to be getting our own tree!! We had to do some Christmas decoration shopping this year. My mom recently went through all of her Christmas decorations, so we do have somethings to put up. Mike is a bit of a Grinch, but I think just like the Grinch, he'll come around to loving Christmas as much as I do. Jack is already showing a love of Christmas. I bought the claymation Rudolf DVD and he loves when Misses Clause says 'Eat, Papa! Eat!' He is even saying it now! I'll have to pull out the Grinch (the original) and Shrek the Halls, soon. I just love Christmas time, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment