Thursday, December 10, 2009

Setting up the Christmas tree

Things around our house are starting to look like we actually do celebrate things, such as Christmas. Here are a couple of pics of our decorations.




The tree is up....yes, the tree is up.




Our very first Christmas tree is standing majestically in our kitchen. We set up the tree and put the lights on while Jack was gone, (thought there would be less of a fire hazard that way) but he was there when we put all of our decorations on. We are using the wooden ornaments that my mom painted for my sister and my Christmas tree when we were very young, and I bought white sparkly snowflakes at Target. We were planning on using only white lights but they didn't quite make it all the way down the tree. I had a good 1/3 of the tree that didn't have any lights. Since we were in a pinch, (neither of us wanted to run to Costco at 8pm) we decided to put on the larger lights that were supposed to go around the deck, onto the tree. It helped me realize, I want colored lights instead of white lights on my tree next year. I kept both sets on my tree so it has lights all the way down, but next year I'm buying 2 SETS of colored christmas lights. Jack wasn't really interested in decorating the tree this year which for me was disappointing, but he did love it when we turned the house lights off and then turned the Christmas tree on. He kept trying to sniff the light bulbs like they were flowers. He also went around to all of the bulbs he could find and had us name ALL of the colors. Jack and Daddy put our tree topper on the tree. Jack wasn't too impressed with helping Daddy but I got a picture anyway.




My wonderful house husband.....



He's going to kill me for that!

Happy Holidays!!

No comments:

Post a Comment