Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July weekend and Momma is ready for bed.....

Happy 4th of July to one and all!! I hope this post finds everyone well and that all of your appedages are accounted for.

We had a busy weekend that actually started on Thursday evening. My niece, Quinlan who we call Ninny (short for Quinnie) came to stay with us until Saturday night. She and Jack always have a blast together, even though Jack is still learning to share his things.... We did the usual play at home Thursday night, and most of Friday because we were waiting for the sun to come out. It never actually did, so we played in the overcast grayness until it started raining. Jack and Ninny both took 2 baths which I think made up for it all. My bathroom mat is soaked to prove it......

On Saturday though, we met Ron and his family to go clam digging. The weather still wasn't great, but at least we didn't get rained on. This was my first experience clamming and it was pretty fun. The kids played around in the water, and Mike was able to make quick work of his, Jack's, and Ninny's limit on clams. We are going to be eating lots of clams tonight for dinner!! Here are a few pics of our adventure clamming.



2 buddies off to the beach to find some clams.....



What are those girls doing?? Keep wondering kid, you'll never actually figure us out......



This was post rock assault by the 2 year old. He was so cute that I had to let him do it again so I could get the picture....



The kids had a blast looking for crabs and splashing in the water.






Yummmm, seaweed...



Once in a great while, the artsy side of Momma rears it's head.


As for the actual 4th of July well, Mike and I took Jack to the Freedom fair on Ruston way. He had a pretty good time. He behaved himself for the majority of the day. He finally wanted down after we had wondered up and down the road for the 2nd or 3rd time. He said 'Baby down...BABY DOWN!!!' and then told me 'Run, Momma. RUN!!' and he did. He is fast for being so short. Mike chased him a good 1/2 mile, and he was still going strong. One of the problems is that he doesn't watch where he is going. He ran right in front of a group of bicycle cops and made them all stop. Mike said they 'crashed', but no one was on the road when I looked so I don't think that qualifies as a crash.... I didn't get too many pics because he was just in the stroller part of the day and when he wasn't, I was maning the stroller. Then, my batteries died just after the fireworks started. There's irony for you. We stayed specificly for the fireworks an then the camera has the nerve to die. Couldn't have possibly been operator error, could it.... Here are pics of what I did get.

Sweet Jack at the end of a long day.


Light saber vs Daddy's head. Sweet but not so innocent Jack. This one is for everybody that thinks Jack is such an angel.....






Happy 4th of July!!

No comments:

Post a Comment