Friday, July 30, 2010

Mike's a workin' fool


So starts the last day of Mike’s first week back to work. I’m up at 4am because I went to bed tooo early last night. I‘ll end up needing coffee later on today but it does give me some peace a quiet to do my blogging.

Mike was cleared by the doctor on Friday, and was back to work bright and early on Monday morning. He went to an 8am start so he which means he is in a truck all day. (He actually likes that…) The reason he took the 8am start was so he would be away from the facility where he was exposed to the chemical that injured him, for most of the day. It seemed like the safer option to take. The doctor still thinks that another exposure could be deadly, but Mike is minimizing the time he’s in the yard as much as he can. They also have special “gas masks” in case he starts to smell the chemical. He told me on Monday that he didn’t realize how much he missed driving. You can tell that he’s happy to be back to work but come Saturday, I’m sure that he will be sleeping in……

Mike’s sister Heather and family are up here staying with us tonight so that she and Brenda can take Kennedy to Wild waves for her birthday. We got to spend a little while visiting before I passed out asleep. ☺ While Jack and I won’t be attending the festivities, we send Kennedy all our love for her very exciting birthday trip. We will be picking her up on Saturday, and taking her to the Carpenter family picnic so she can visit with Mike’s side of the family. For that matter, she will be visiting my side of the family also, because on Saturday, we will be at my family reunion. 2 family reunions in 1 weekend will be fun, and tiring. The traveling will be enough to kill us. One is in Rochester just south of Olympia, and the other is in Bellingham. Talk about opposite ends….. At least the one in Bellingham isn’t in Anacortes this year. We got lost last time we went and spent 2 hours looking for it. At least we know where we are going this time. I will post pictures of all the events as soon as I get the time. I’m sure that there will be lots. My camera is goin' to get a workout this weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment